Everyone in this world is in search of better things in life, such as good job, education, business prospects, living conditions, and so on. So it is no surprising to see people relocating from one country to another looking for these things.
Often you come across people wanting to be moving from US to UK and from their point of view, it is never a bad idea. Things such as accommodation, documents, moving things, school, job, ETC, will need to be taken care of while moving and it is not an easy task.
Most importantly, you must find out the approximate cost of moving for various purposes such as:
- Flight tickets-One of the main expenses that you may need to face is buying tickets for your moving. If you are moving with your family members to the UK, then the cost of moving would be quite high. When you calculate the cost you must put this amount on the top of your list.
- Visa processing and application fee-You must get visa and work permit to enter the UK. For this you need to submit the application to the British Consulate. The application should be accompanied by the applicable fee and you can confirm the amount from the website of British Embassy or you can visit and get the details.
- Moving companies-Yet another expense that you need to include in your cost of moving from the USA to UK is payment to the moving companies. Since you are moving internationally, the cost will be quite high. You must make the moving company personally assess the volume of goods that you will be shifting and prepare the quotation accordingly. The tariff of the moving companies will include the container charges, transportation from your house to the port of origin, labor charges, packing charges, and customs at the port of destination. So you will find that this will be a high amount that will be part of your cost.
- Packing materials-If you are not getting the packing done by the professional movers, then you may need to buy the packing materials from shops. This being an international transportation, you may need to buy quality materials and pack them. In order to avoid any problem during shipping, it is always advisable to get the packing of things done by the moving company and this again will find a place in your cost of moving from the USA to UK.
- Temporary accommodation cost-Immediately on arrival in UK, you may not be able to find an accommodation. So you will be forced to find a temporary accommodation in some hotels. This is quite costly in UK, and when you go with your family members, you may need a better accommodation. So you must have enough money.
- Purchase of essential things-You may need to buy some essential things like medicines, food, clothing and any other essential things that may be required during your moving.
- Admission to schools-You should be prepared for paying the admission fee to the schools for your children. For this also, you will need to allocate funds and include this in your estimated cost of moving from the USA to UK.
- Storage-There are many things that you may not want to take with you when you are moving. So you may need to look for storage to keep them. The moving companies may be able to offer storage facilities for rent. If the storage is fitted with all amenities like CCTV, lock, and security, then the rent will be quite high. So you should allocate funds for this too and include this in cost of moving.
- Duties and taxes-All the things that you take to UK with you are subjected to duties and taxes. So when you clear the goods from customs, you should be prepared to pay the duties. This will be included in the total cost of moving to UK.
- Medical expenses-You must allocate some funds for medical expenses also and must buy medicines that you are using at the time of your leaving US.
You must understand that UK is equally expensive as the USA. So you must have some funds for some unforeseen expenses in UK also. It is better you make a list of the expenses that you may need to cover during moving from US to UK. Do not try to save on some essential expenses like packing, moving companies, and insurances as these are absolutely essential.